Guinness Nigeria PLC (Diageo) Job: Director of Supply Chain – Auto
EXTERNAL JOB TITLE DIRECTOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN AUTO
TYPE OF JOB FULL TIME
EXTERNAL JOB DESCRIPTION
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To ensure the coordination of the end to end supply chain and the delivery of Guinness Nigeria products to customers and consumers in Nigeria, West Africa sub – region and the UK
- Ensure supply chain is coordinated to deliver Guinness Nigeria’s financial targets and performance promise. Working with the Supply Director generates both the strategy to improve the effectiveness of the supply chain and immediate financial year plans for the Customer Services Department. Ensure Supply operate as a true business partner in the development and delivery of Guinness Nigeria’s strategy, improving flexibility, providing solutions to improving service levels and identification of opportunities to reduce COGS whilst protecting our brands and corporate image.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships both with internal stakeholders (Guinness Supply, Diageo Africa Beer Supply, Procurement, Sales & Marketing in Guinness Nigeria), and external stakeholders (3rd party suppliers, and external customers) including reducing lead times, improving stock forecasting and management, and protecting quality of finished product through the distribution network.
- Generate strategic projects to deliver step changes in COGS, service and flexibility across the supply chain.
- Engage, lead and develop people in the customer service department by releasing their potential. Develop ‘world class performance’ (for quality, safety, service and cost) and create opportunities for competitive advantage in Nigeria. Drive a culture of continuous improvement and step change.
- Positive, high-level leadership impact in Guinness Nigeria Leadership Team, Guinness Nigeria Supply Leadership Team and seen as a key player in the demand team of Guinness Nigeria through championing of the S&OP process.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Guinness Nigeria Leadership team, Marketing Managers, Head of Innovation, National Field Sales Managers, Financial Controller, Supply Capacity Director (Diageo Africa Beer Supply), Head of Innovation, Head of Procurement, key suppliers and customers and logistics hauliers.
Seven direct reports and a total team size of approximately 82
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A combination of functional expertise, intellectual insights, and change management experience. Minimum 10 years in supply chain or manufacturing experience essential in a senior role (prefer FMCG background)
- Outstanding leadership capability – able to engage others around the business agenda, strong and authentic business partnerships
- Leading edge understanding and thought leadership regarding the supply chain development – preferably within the brewing or soft drinks industries.
- Degree qualified, preferably in science, engineering, supply chain or equivalent. Postgraduate business studies preferred
HOW TO APPLY
1. Log on to www.diageo.com & click on career
2. Click on search & apply
3. Click on search openings go to key word (Box #5) and enter Ref no. 22721BR
4. Click search
5. Click on submit to job(s) and submit your CV
Closing date for applications is 5th of May 2010.Download Job Alerts App for Android