Growing Businesses Foundation Job Vacancy: Recruitment for Business Development Officers (Abuja and Lagos)
Growing Businesses Foundation is a leading platform for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and sustained economic development in Nigeria through non-governmental, non-profit operations.
GBF acts as intermediary and consultant to the private sector in the design of services that cater to the underserved communities and marginalized peoples. GBF acts on the principle that the best help is self-help and our objectives include empowering micro, small and medium scale entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in a socially, ecologically, economically and culturally sustainable manner.
With operations across 34 States of the Federation, GBF has been able to directly or indirectly impact the lives of over 2 million Nigerians. To attain this goal, GBF has invested in and promoted partners that include, but are not limited to 22 Micro Finance institutions, 576 Cooperatives/CBOs, 4 Micro Finance Banks, and many thousands of entrepreneurs.
GBF has 44 permanent staff, 39 contract staff and over 100 temporary staff in 6 offices, operating in 34 states across all 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria.
As part of its expansion programme, applications are invited for the following positions.
1. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER- ABUJA
2. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – LAGOS
• Identify new business and partnering opportunities
• Business planning, presentations and budgets for development, expansion and management of specific GBF programmes across Nigeria
• Develop and populate a non-traditional database of potential funding sources such as funding agencies, foundations and corporations. This database should include a network of contacts and development strategies for each respective source.
• Prepare and assist in negotiating teaming agreements, Memoranda of Understanding, sub-contracts with existing and new partners/funding agencies.
Suitable candidate must have at least 2 years experience in proposal and bankable business plan writing. Experience in business consulting will be an advantage.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
• A good first degree. MBA will be an advantage.
• Excellent skills in technical writing, budgeting, research, negotiation. Must have superior verbal and written communication skills in English;
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills;
• In-depth knowledge of MS Office Products: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint;
• Commitment to international development and to a values-driven work environment;
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should forward CV and cover letter to [email protected] or [email protected] within 10 days of this publication.
Growing Businesses Foundation
60, Norman Williams Street
South – West Ikoyi
A normal working week of 40 hours, Monday to Friday would apply. However occasional evening and weekend work may be required.Download Job Alerts App for Android