Graduate Receptionist Hot NGO Job Vacancy at AED (Abuja, Zamfara, Cross River, Nassarawa) – Minimum OND
AED is a non-profit organization working globally to improve education, health, civil society, and economic development – the foundation of thriving societies. In collaboration with local and national partners, AED fosters sustainable results through practical, comprehensive approaches to social and economic challenges. AED implements more than 250 programs serving people in all 50 US State and more than 150 countries. Visit us on the web at: www.aed.org
AED has been awarded the USAID-funded Malaria Action Program for States (MAPS) project designed to support the Nigeria National Malaria Strategic Plan and National MAlaria Control Program (NMCP). The project will increase the quality, access, and uptake of specific malaria control interventions, including insecticide-treated nets (ITNs), artemisinin-based combination therapies (ACTs), expanded use of rapid diagnostic tests (RDs), and delivery of intermittent preventive treatment (IPTp) to pregnant women.
AED Nigeria is currently recruiting candidates to fill a number of exciting positions with the Malaria Action Program for States (MAPS) Project in Abuja as well as state offices in Zamfara, Cross River, and Nassarawa. Available positions include:
The Receptionist will represent the outward face of the office to visitors and will assist with administrative and logistical assignments, including answering phones, taking messages, helping with travel coordination, and photocopying. The receptionist will encourage a safe, secure, and hygienic working environment.
- Minimum education level of OND or a Diploma or its equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years working in or around an office setting.
Specific Knowledge Requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (ie, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strong written and oral skills in English.
- Ability to multi-task and assist with a wide range of tasks.
- A positive, customer-service oriented attitude toward co-workers and especially guests to the office.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work on tasks independently or with minimal supervision.
Essential Job Functions
- Office Correspondence
– Send and receive telephone calls and messages and communicate such messages to MAPS staff.
– Sort all the incoming and outgoing mail and prioritize the urgency of all such contents.
– Label all mail as received according to the date of receipt.
– Help with the filing.
– Manage official services, such as answering the phone; recording messages; take minutes of meetings; receive visitors; type, proof-read, review, correct, and print documents; and prepare fax and e-mail messages.
- Visitors and Personnel
– Employing a professional and courteous attitude, receive and attend to visitors to the MAPS office and ensure that all such visitors abide by the necessary appointment arrangements; report any threatening guests immediately to supervisor.
– Prepare tea/coffee when needed and oversee arrangements for officer catering, planned lunches, etc.
– Assist with travel logistics (including hotel reservations, booking airfare, and arranging local travel and transport) for staff, consultants, visitors from AED HQ, and others.
– Arrange meeting and workshop logistics as necessary.
- Office Management
– Ensure the safety of office equipment and supplies in the absence of other field staff.
– Provide back-up support for all MAPS staff away from office on official duty by receiving messages from cooperating partners and communicating such messages in a timely and appropriate fashion.
– Assist with inventory tracking as necessary.
- Working Environment
– Ensure a safe and clean working environment (ie, bathroom, common areas) for all staff through appropriate reporting of issues observed to maintenance or utility personnel.
– Brief supervisor regularly on matters related to the safety of the working environment and problems encountered and alert him/her to matters that may require his/her attention.
- Perform other functions as requested.
16th December, 2010
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and contact information to [email protected] and specify the position and location in which you are interested. Please write “Nigeria MAPS Hire” in the subject line.
Submissions may also be delivered/mailed in hard copy to:
Attn: Dr. Olufemi Oke/C-CHANGE OfficeDownload Job Alerts App for Android
7th Floor, Labour House
Plot 820/821, Off Ralph Shodeinde Street
Central Business District, Abuja