Vacancy for Graduate Control Field Service Engineer at GE Energy (Oil & Gas) Nigeria (BSc, HND)
GE Energy (Oil & Gas) Nigeria is recruiting Entry-level Graduate Engineer to fill the position of Control Field Service Engineer 7.
About The company:
GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technology equipment and services for all segments of the oil and gas industry, from drilling and production, LNG, pipelines and storage to industrial power generation, refining and petrochemicals. We also provide pipeline integrity solutions, including inspection and data management. As part of our ‘Innovation Now’ customer focus and commitment, GE Oil & Gas leverages technological innovation from other GE businesses, such as aviation and healthcare, to continuously improve oil and gas industry performance and productivity. GE Oil & Gas employs more than 12,000 people worldwide and operates in over 70 countries.
Benefits include best in class training and development, borderless career opportunities, an excellent salary plus benefits as well as a contributory pension scheme, insurance and private medical cover.
Position Title: Control Field Service Engineer 7
Job Number: 1316710
Career Level: Entry-Level
City: Port Harcourt
Relocation Assistance Yes
After successfully going through GE Oil&Gas best in class Initial Training program (ITP) and on the job training assignments, the Control Field Service Engineer will be in charge of site activities management including planning, assigning manpower resources and tools, providing technical assistance to complete the work scope according to contractual requirements.
He/she will be responsible for:
- Prepare field services jobs and interventions with the project managers.
- Supervise the installation, calibration and set up of instruments.
- Supervise cable laying, meggering and connection.
- Lead and execute loop check and commissioning phase performing the functional tests.
- Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise
- Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and GE Oil & Gas Headquarter concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions.
- Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings.
- Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures.
- Responsible to keep reliability of Customers assets and to proactively support all GE O&G customers.
- B.Sc Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic/Mechanic Engineer Degree or HND (2.2, Upper credit minimum).
- Not more than 3 years post NYSC related work experience.
- Oil & Gas industry field activities will be a plus.
- Knowledge of rotating equipment control philosophy and their auxiliaries will be a plus.
- Sound knowledge of Electrical power systems.
- Strong knowledge in principle of operation of Electrical/Electronic instruments and actuators (servo-valves, thermo elements, transmitters etc.).
- Ability to handle special tools like pressure pump, multi-meter, frequency generator, oscilloscopes and signal generator.
- Ability to understand and implement technical drawings (wiring diagram, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc.).
- Fluency in English language, spoken & written.
- Availability for frequent travels worldwide, up to 70%-80% of the time (on and off-shore).
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Solid Computer and software skills will be a plus
- Self starter & Team player
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should apply using the link below.
Click here to apply online
Deadline: Not statedDownload Job Alerts App for Android