FITC was established in 1981 in response to the recommendations of the Pius Okigbo Committee set-up by the Federal Government of Nigeria to review the Nigerian financial system. The Centre was incorporated under the Company’s Act of 1968 as a non-profit organisation limited by guarantee. It is owned by Banker’s Committee, which comprises the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation, all licensed banks and discount houses in Nigeria.
Our client, Oikocredit is a development finance institution registered in the Netherlands as a cooperative society with about 36,000 individuals as its members and several investors spread across the world. Its mission is to provide loans and investments for small enterprises, cooperatives, SMEs or Microfinance institutions that work with marginalized and disadvantaged people, who typically do not have easy access to commercial banks.
Oikocredit is in line with its global expansion plans, finalizing processes leading to its establishing presence in Nigeria. It therefore seeks a suitably qualified individual who would serve as a Country-Manager, working locally, and reporting to the Head office in the Netherlands, to build sustainable operations for the organization in Nigeria.
Specific Responsibilities will include to:
• Develop and manage the organization’s operations in Nigeria in line with Oikocredit’s strategy
• Fulfill local legal requirements for the proper operation of Oikocredit in Nigeria
• Ensure the office is staffed with qualified and committed staff
• In close cooperation with the International support
• Identify feasible financing partners;
• Negotiate appropriate financing terms with potential borrowers/invitees;
• Prepare financing proposals for approval;
• Make sure approved proposals are properly documented;
• Prepare approved projects for disbursement;
• Maintain a close relationship with the project partners;
• Monitor and supervise financed projects
• Maintain an open and transparent relationship with the head office including periodic and adequate reporting
• Contribute to the development of the organization’s policies aimed towards enhanced quality financial services for clients, and
• Build a network in the region with NGOs, faith-based organisations and other local development agencies and experts
Qualifications for the role:
• Advanced academic qualification in Economics, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Development Economics or related disciplines, all with a clear focus on Africa
• At least five years experience in business, banking and economic development
Ideal Personality of candidate
• Self-confident person with ability to influence, counsel, coach and generally support others
• Creative ability, regarding motivating members and colleagues to think and develop strategic advantage seeking opportunities for growth of the organization
• Retains independence, expression and views in various situations
• A people-oriented and result oriented deal-maker
• Affinity to religious and social action organizations
• Strong strategic orientation, leadership and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills Strong ethics and integrity
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
An attractive remuneration package, pleasant working environment, and challenging career prospects await the successful candidate.
please email your CV(saved with your full name) containing your contact address(not post office box), a functional telephone number and email address to [email protected] and quote the reference number EDS150 as the subject of the email. You may include a cover letter addressed to:
The Head, FITC consulting.
All application received on/ before 4th May 2010Download Job Alerts App for Android