Family Health International (FHI) Nigeria: Recruitment for Administrative Officer (Anambra)
Family Health International is is a public health and development organization working to improve the lives of the world’s most vulnerable people. Our 2,500 staff work in 55 countries, conducting research and implementing programs that advance public health and build local capacity to address development problems, Since 1971, Family Health International has been a global leader in family planning and reproductive health and, since 1986, in the worldwide response to HIV/AIDS. Our research and programs also address malaria, tuberculosis, and other infectious and chronic diseases. Our partners include US and other international agencies, governments, foundations, research institutions, and individual donors.
In Nigeria, FHI is currently engaged in providing public health services and in undertaking research in HIV/AIDS, TS, malaria and reproductive health in partnership with the Government of Nigeria, with funding from the United States aid programs, as well as from the Global Fund and private foundations and corporations. To strengthen our operations, we seek qualified Nigerian candidates for the following positions:
Job Title: ADMINISTRATIIVE OFFICER (ANAMBRA)
The Administrative Officer will be based in the zonal office. H/She, as relevant, will provide administrative and secretarial support to the zonal office and serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
With the Senior Medical Services Officer:
- Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the zonal office
- Keep proper office records/filings as appropriate.
- Record minutes of staff meetings and circulate same amongst the staff of the zonal office.
- Coordinate all travel detailsllogistics for staff and consultants, including booking hotel accommodation and arranging for airport and hotel pick-Ups.
- Supervise administrative assistants, orderlies and drivers.
- Assist the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings
- Coordinate all records/storage of supplies from the country office, and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the SFAO and, or, Zonal Manager
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
- A relevant university degree or recognized equivalent , or HND with 3 years experience in an administrative role with increasing level of responsibility
- Experience in a large or complex organization preferred.
- Administrative and secretarial skills required
- Familiarity with international NGO operations is a plus
1st November, 2010
Method of Application
Forward a suitability statement and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document within 10 days of the date of publication to: [email protected]
Only applications sent electronically (ie. bye-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not send more one application. Failure to follw the underlined instructions above will lead to automatic disqualification.
DisclaimerDownload Job Alerts App for Android
Family Health international (FHI) does not test/interview candidates for a fee, and all our test/interviwe are candidates in the country office Abuja or in our Zonal Offices.