Diageo is currently recruiting for Brand Manager, Johnnie Walker
Brand Manager, Johnnie Walker
Reports to Marketing Manager, Spirits/RTD Diageo Brands Nigeria
* To represent the Johnnie Walker Trademark plan for Nigeria
* Implement and be accountable for execution of the Johnnie Walker Trademark GAME Plan to achieve or exceed targeted NSV, market share and volume objectives for DBN while managing A&P to plan.
* Continually identify and quantify new growth opportunities for the portfolio based on consumer insights
* Work closely with the General Manager DBN and Marketing Manager, Spirits & RTD to grow the portfolio opportunities for DBN.
* Work with the WASp Hub Team to search & spin on growth drivers and lead the development of new growth drivers where agreed.
* To make Johnnie Walker the leading Premium Brown Spirits trademark in Nigeria in F11 and beyond.
* Identify and resolve issues around current brand performance.
* Diageo Africa’s vision is to be the most celebrated business in every market it operates.
* Shaping our spirits businesses in West Africa to seize the growth opportunity of doubling our profit on premium spirits and creating a fully integrated TBA business in every market.
* Johnnie Walker in F11 is a Total Africa strategic priority & Nigeria is one of 3 lead markets with launch of Africa Walking With Giants campaign.
This role is focussed on Diageo Africa’s ambitions to step-change its growth and investment on Spirits in Nigeria.
* This role will set & deliver the marketing plan for Johnnie Walker portfolio in Nigeria. Developing imported Whisky is expected to be the no. 1 brand strategic goal for Nigeria and this role will work with Marketing Manager to lead & shape the region on this agenda.
* Management and Accountability for implementation of A&P spend, Efficiencies and Evaluation across all Brand activities.
* Negotiate cost of 3rd Party Goods & Services suppliers with Procurement.
* Develops & executes plans against strategic growth opportunities.
* Maintains business critical controls & compliance documentation rigorously to ensure complete transparency across the Portfolio.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
* Assist and support the General Manager DBN and Marketing Manager Spirits to deliver the AOP growth aspirations in F11 and beyond.
* Support Spirits Brand growth with Marketing Manager by implementing the code for growth for Scotch.
* Support & inspire the rest of the Spirits & RTD Brand Teams as well as collaboratively support the DBN Customer Marketing team.
* Develop the local Game Plan and lead the category in the JUBP process.
* Lead the development & commercial implementation of annual Game Plan
Qualifications and Experience Required:
* University degree in marketing / business or other related discipline preferred though not essential. Postgraduate Qualifications is an advantage
* Proven ability to work under own initiative / pro-activity
* Clear understanding of Luxury & Lifestyle brand marketing.
* Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (4-6 years)
* Experienced level capability on all Marketing Functional capabilities
* Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgement & acumen.
* Experience of working on Status brands & understanding of Execution standards required for the demanding consumer.
* Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
* Extensive experience of BTL & Experiential strategy development and implementation working with 3rd party agencies.
* Budget & cost control management
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
To apply online click on the link below. Click ‘Search & Apply’; Select ‘Search Openings’ and enter the reference number 22876BR in the keyword field.Download Job Alerts App for Android
Click here to apply online