Diageo is currently recruiting for Brand Manager, Baileys & Gordons
Brand Manager, Baileys & Gordons
Reports to Marketing Manager, Spirits/RTD Diageo Brands Nigeria
* To represent the Baileys & associated brands in Nigeria
* Implement and be accountable for execution of the Baileys Trademark GAME Plan to achieve or exceed targeted NSV, market share and volume objectives for DBN while managing A&P to plan.
* Continually identify and quantify new growth opportunities for the portfolio based on consumer insights
* Work closely with the General Manager DBN and Marketing Manager, Spirits & RTD to grow the portfolio opportunities for DBN.
* Work with the WASp hub team to search & spin on growth drivers and where agreed lead the development of new growth drivers.
* To make Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur a household name and one of the most accessible Premium Spirits brands in Nigeria in F11 & beyond.
* Identify and resolve issues around current brand performance.
* Diageo Africa vision is to be the most celebrated business in every market it operates.
* Shaping our spirits businesses in West Africa to seize the growth opportunity of doubling our profit on premium spirits and creating a fully integrated TBA business in every market.
* Accessing new markets at scale, at pace and ahead of our competition in countries such as Ethiopia, Angola, Southern Sudan, and Congo.
* Improving our Supply effectiveness, ensuring we can meet the increased demands for our products through highly efficient Supply & operations
* This role is focussed on Diageo Africa’s ambitions to step-change its growth and investment on Spirits.
* This role will deliver the marketing plan for Baileys & Gordons Mainstream Trademark.
* Management and Accountability for implementation of A&P spend, Efficiencies and Evaluation across all Brand activities.
* Negotiate cost of 3rd Party Goods & Services suppliers with Procurement.
* Develops & executes plans against strategic growth opportunities.
* Maintains business critical controls & compliance documentation rigorously to ensure complete transparency across the Portfolio.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
* Assist and support the General Manager DBN and Marketing Manager Spirits to deliver the AOP growth aspirations in F11 and beyond.
* Support Spirits Brand growth with Marketing Manager by implementing the code for growth for Liqueurs.
* Lead the activation of the F11 Gordons Plan and build a case for the long-term role of Gordon across WA & explore local production opportunities.
* Develop the local Game Plan and lead the category in the JUBP process.
* Lead the development & commercial implementation of annual Game Plan including expansion of current sku range to additional Trademarks.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
* University degree in marketing / business or other related discipline preferred though not essential. Postgraduate Qualifications is an advantage
* Proven ability to work under own initiative / pro-activity
* Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (2-3 years) of which there must be min 1-2 years experience in Spirits category.
* Developing or Experienced level on Marketing Functional capabilities
* Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgement & acumen.
* Is an open & enthusiastic learner
* Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
* Extensive experience of BTL & Experiential strategy development and implementation working with 3rd party agencies.
* Budget & cost control management
Barriers to Success in Role:
* Inability to work in and influence a cross functional team
* Inability to engage & work collaboratively with West Africa Spirits Team
* Inability to learn fast, adaptation to a new, flexible role and manage relationships with varied stakeholders
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
To apply online click on the link below. Click ‘Search & Apply’; Select ‘Search Openings’ and enter the reference number 22876BR in the keyword field.Download Job Alerts App for Android
Click here to apply online