Diageo (Guinness) Nigeria Vacancy for Laboratory Technician (Benin City) – OND/ HND
Diageo was formed in 1997 from the merger of Guinness plc and Grand Metropolitan plc. The creation was driven by the two executives Anthony Greener and Philip Yea at Guinness plus George Bull and John McGrath of Grand Metropolitan.
Diageo is a global alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is the world’s largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine. Its brands include Smirnoff (the world’s largest-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world’s largest-selling whisky), José Cuervo (the world’s largest-selling tequila), Baileys (the world’s largest-selling liqueur) and Guinness (the world’s largest-selling stout). It also owns 34 per cent of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy. It sells its products in approximately 180 countries and has offices in 80 countries.
Diageo is the parent company of Guinness Nigeria PLC
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Reports To: Laboratory Technologist
The Brewery operations are focused on the three sites, – Ogba, Benin and Aba, and all sites have quality functions within their structure.
- Reports to the budget holder for the quality function within each site as appropriate.
- Market Complexity
- Work across our business with support from Brand Technical Centre in UK to deliver high quality product to our consumers
Carry out designated analyses promptly and accurately in line with Guinness Nigeria PLC work procedure and ensure results are well-documented on-line (PRODAC), notebooks and on-line Kalamazoo and results sent to user dept promptly.
Purpose of Role:
- To ensure bench work quality control determination are carried out in accordance with Guinness Nigeria PLC quality procedures and specifications for the attainment of high quality products.
- Principal Accountabilities:
- Determination and reporting of analytical parameters, as appropriate and as specified. Working within guidelines to ensure that results are repeatable and aligned to other laboratories on an interchange basis.
- Working with the appropriate parts of the supply function (as required) to assist them in delivering products of the highest quality in terms of content and presentation.
- Acting as a member of the Quality team, and displaying the behaviours expected of a strong team player.
Barriers to Success in Role:
As the business will rely on the quality of the output from the individual to make business decisions around the quality of its components and products, lack of a very responsible attitude to work will be a hindrance to the individual. Similarly, a low boredom threshold will be a problem.
Lack of required speed to respond to changes posed by new analytical methods and equipment as periodically advised by BTC will grossly affect the company’s desire to employ WCM practices and procedures in all her operations.
Qualifications and Experience/Skills Required:
- OND or HND in Physical, Chemical or Biological sciences.
- On the job experience, having worked for at least 2 years in a brewing / FMCG laboratory environment.
- Result oriented.
- Very good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Flexible working options:
Click here to Apply for Job Download Job Alerts App for Android