Delta Afrik Job: Vacancy for Construction SuperintendentDIVISION: DELTAAFRIK ENGINEERING LTD
LOCATION: EKET, NG
TRAVEL INVOLVED: NONE/NOT SPECIFIED
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
JOB LEVEL: EXPERIENCED
EDUCATION: TECHNICAL/SPECIALIZED TRAINING
CATEGORY: CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT – HYDROCARBONS-UPSTREAM
POSITION: CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT JOB CODE: NG-2010-20905
Plans, organizes, and supervises specific portions of the work such as mechanical, rigging, and electrical. Applies expertise and specialized talents to the efforts of the assigned craft.
- Organizes and allocates the work forces in various areas to maintain adequate manpower balance for the scheduled construction activities.
- Monitors manpower requirements, efficiency, and productivity of construction crews.
- Coordinates the material and equipment requirements with planned engineering and construction schedules.
- Directs craft supervisors and foremen, technically, in construction methods to attain required quality control.
Assists in the selection and designation of craft foremen.
- Verifies layouts with field engineers and ensures craftsmen maintain the established horizontal and vertical controls.
- Coordinates work efforts between various subcontractors and Company work force.
Maintains production controls and verifies the construction progress at prescribed intervals.
- Understands and applies the Company labor relations policies.
- Completes other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
BS in construction related field or equivalent knowledge of 5 to 7 years of applicable experience. An additional 7 to 10 years of experience in the construction of large industrial projects at domestic and/or foreign locations is also preferred.
Deadline: As soon as position is filledDownload Job Alerts App for Android