Dataville Research LLC is a consortium of global development professionals and public policy think-tank with head office in Abuja, Nigeria and field offices in Jos, Lagos, Maiduguri, Nairobi, Johannesburg and New Delhi. Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Cohort 10 Remote Graduate Internship in International Development
Job Location: Any City, Nigeria
Category: Home page and Internships
- International development is a very broad sector encompassing a huge range of organizations and job roles. Entry-level applicants need to be proactive, determined and flexible. You do not necessarily need to have a Master’s degree in development to ‘do development’. Most employers will look for at least six months and up to two years experience. This is so you can demonstrate practical knowledge of the sector.
- Be aware that getting opportunities ‘in the field’ can be difficult for new graduates especially those without prior experience and internship positions in this sector are very limited and difficult to secure.
- Dataville Research LLC’s remote internship programme provides you tailored training, guidance and real responsibility from the beginning, quickly preparing you for entry-level positions in the international development sector.
- At the end of this 3-month programme, participants should have a grasp of the rudiments of international development, data collection and management in development research and programme implementation.
- The main target audience for this internship is international development prospects who will be directly implementing and evaluating programmes. Because of this, we generally stay away from very theoretical and academic content and opinion pieces that discuss problems without providing any practical solutions. A strong emphasis is placed on experiential learning, meaning that interns will be learning through the implementation of key phases of work in this internship.
- This programme is an unpaid internship. Participants will be required to cover their own operating costs. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative organization, so women are strongly encouraged to participate in this programme.
- Baseline, Midterm and Endline Survey
- GIS Mapping for Development Projects
- Programme Implementation
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Developing RFPs
- ICT for Development
- Data Science for Social Good
- Future of Development Aid
- Term Paper
- A First Look at Global Development
- Data Sources in International Development
- How to Break into International Development
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Research Methodology for Development
- Mobile Data Collection
- Exploring Opportunities in the Development Sector
- Project Management in International Development
- Template Development
- Volunteers and entry-level professionals in the humanitarian and development sector from developing and developed countries.
- Young graduates wanting to break into the international development sector.
- Individuals with a technical background interested in improving their knowledge and skills.
- Individuals with no technical background interested in exploring careers in global development.
- Postgraduate students from the Global South.
- Gain extensive knowledge of global development delivered by experienced practitioners.
- Become proficient in development research techniques from a practical point of view.
- Confirms mastery of skillset and industry principles and best practices.
- Boost your career confidence and expand your professional network.
- Receive the IDR authorized certificate of graduate internship in International Development.
- Mentorship for recent graduates willing to enter the development sector and transitioning professionals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 28th July, 2019. Download Job Alerts App for Android