Covantage BPO Limited – Our client in the Oil and Gas industry is urgently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fireman
- Ensure fire extinguishers are regularly serviced and ready for use
- Carry out regular fire drills, trainings on use of equipment and related matters.
- Maintain the level of physical fitness necessary to carry out all the duties of a fire-fighter.
- Provide support to Operations team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
- Perform other functions as may be requested by the Terminal Manager
- The successful candidates will operate and maintain all company’s fire equipment and accessories.
- Prompt response to emergency calls and requests for assistance.
- Attending to emergency incidents including fires, accidents, spillages of hazardous substances, etc.
- Carry out regular facility inspection to identify potential fire hazards.
- Carry out and document after incident clean-up and check exercise
- Inspect and maintain all firefighting equipment and assist in the testing of fire hydrants. Ensuring daily checks of the water stock level, fire trucks, fire hose, fire alarm, firefighting chemical and fire pumps for functionality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to operate and drive a fire truck
- Intermediate knowledge level in the use of Microsoft office suites (word, excel and Power Point)
- B.Sc/HND in any technical discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in similar position in an oil & gas depot.
- Firefighting Certification with hands-on experience in fire-fighting.
- HSE Certification – Level 1 & 2 (ISPON, IOSH, NEBOSH)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline: 21st June, 2019.
Note: Willingness to start work immediately will be considered as this is an urgent role.