Consolidated Breweries Nigeria Job: Vacancy for Experienced Chief Engineer
Consolidated Breweries Plc is a subsidiary of Heineken International, produces and markets “33? Export Lager, Hi-Malt, Maltex and Turbo King Stout brands. We have two breweries and a factory located in the South East and South-West geographical zones of the country respectively. With over 25 years brewing experience in Nigeria. We are one of the major players in the industry and have continued to contribute to the growth of the Nigerian economy. We are looking for focused and determined individuals with some experience for the positions below
Job Title: Chief Engineer
Chief Engineer position exists in our subsidiary company. DIL/Maltex based in Agbara, Ogun State. The sourcing of a candidate for the position is therefore on behalf of DIL/Maltex.
The Chief Engineer will be based in Agbara and will report to the DIL/Maltex Factory Manager. He will ensure the timely provision of utility services to support production in the factory. In addition, he will be responsible for maintaining all packaging machines, plants, buildings and internal roads in the factory at optimal costs and in line with safety standards.
Specifically, the responsibilities of the Chief Engineer include but are not limited to:
*Ensuring the availability of plants/machinery for productive use at scheduled times.
*Reducing inventory of spare parts to maintain optimal levels for more efficient allocation of financial resources.
*Ensuring daily uninterrupted utility services (electricity, cooling, steam, air, water, Co2) for all operations in the factory.
*Advising the factory on engineering matters to ensure the optimization of internal resources.
*Providing and driving conditions for the health, welfare and safety of employees.
*Executing all major revenue projects and managing the departmental budget.
* Candidate must possess a minimum of B.Sc degree, second class honours (lower dIvision) in Mechanical. Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
* Minimum of 7 years experience preferably in a FMCG environment.
* Proven experience with local and foreign contractors.
* Wide knowledge of local rules and regulations and proven experience in working with regulatory authorities.
* Experience with automation is an advantage.
* Experience in stainless steel welding standards.
* Experience with set-up of planned maintenance systems.
* Experience with store keeping and purchasing of spares.
* Not more than 45 years of age as at 1st January, 2010.
* Ability to work with Computer systems and softwares – MS Word. MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, AutoCad and the Internet.
* Good team-player. ”
* Hands on mentality.
* Flexible attitude.
* Resilience and ability to work under pressure.
* Willingness to work in any of the locations in Nigeria where we have operations now and in the future.
Remuneration attached to the positions are in line with the existing rates in the industry.
Mode of Application
If you are confident that your experience, skills and orientation have prepared you to; succeed in any of the above positions, apply with copies of your curriculum vitae and relevant credentials quoting the position applied for on the left-hand side of the envelope and send to:
THE HEAD. HUMAN RESOURCES
CONSOLIDATED BREWERIES PLC
P.O BOX 159.
Application Deadline is 17th June 2010Download Job Alerts App for Android