Children of Hope (USAID) Job: Vacancy for Grants Manager (Abuja) The Children of Hope
(CH) Project is a USAID Washington funded project under the New Partners Initiative (NPI). They are recruiting for Grants Manager
Position: GRANTS MANAGER
Location: Abuja, Nigeria (With frequent travels to project sites)
• The Grants Manager will be responsible for supporting the achievement of Children of Hope Project (CH) program objectives by managing the grants awarded to the 10 ISPs.
• She/he will work closely with the CH Deputy Chief of Party and CH Program staff to ensure that the funds will be a flexible and results-oriented tool administered according to sound financial management principles;
• She/he will oversee overall policies, practices and procedures relating to all aspects of Grants management. The successful candidate will also work closely with the CH Chief Accountant in reviewing the ISPs financial and accounting procedures and reports.
• The position reports to the Deputy Chief of Party.
• Review and edit Terms of Reference for technical activities funded by CH.
• Decide, along with the Chief of Party, what activities will be funded by CH and what mechanisms to be used for the funding.
• Draft and manages subcontracts.
• Serve as main point of communication for both internal CH project staff from Abuja and the regions, as well as beneficiaries for all issues concerning grants.
• Train local Children of Hope Project staff on the purpose, policies, and procedures for the grant. Ensure that ISP activities are in line with USAID compliance policies.
• Keep abreast of all USAID and EUCORD/WEWE contracting actions and policies that are relevant to the CH project grant.
• Use judgment and understanding of grant policies and relevant contract and legal regulations to process documents.
• Maintain tracker of all subcontracts, purchases, and other activities under the grants.
• Communicate information in a way that demonstrates a basic understanding of development assistance work, CH Project culture, values, and practices, and the specific scope and nature of the CH project. Assist with production of monthly, quarterly, and annual summaries showing activities, commitments, disbursements, and projections for all ISPs.
• Maintain close and continuous communication with representatives of those beneficiaries that received assistance through the Grants.
• Supervise, build capacity, and evaluate assigned staff. Ensure staff receive regular constructive performance feedback, prompt resolution of problems, and time and opportunity to grow and develop professionally.
• Carry out monitoring and supportive supervision visits to the various project sites and partner offices.
Required Knowledge and Experience
• Degree in Arts & Sciences, Business, or Accounting.
• Specifically, the position requires a minimum of 4 years of experience preferably in managing funded grants within an organizational context and working with offices of Finance, Purchasing, Facilities, etc., to secure/manage services.
• Familiarity with best practices in grants management.
• Familiarity with USAID compliance/grants management policies
• Experience managing organization’s budgets, financial report writing and analyzing.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to: [email protected] with “Grants Manager Position” on the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th May, 2010.