The British Council is implementing a new programme of Africa Knowledge Transfer Partnerships in Sub-saharan Africa. The programme will see universities bringing their scientific knowledge to bear on applied research-based projects within the private sector. Africa Knowledge Transfer Partnerships enables recently qualified people (known as AKTP Associates) to work in companies managing challenging projects central to the development needs of participating companies. An Associate is being sought to project-manage the AKTP recently established between Zaria Industries Ltd; Ahmadu Bello University and the British Council
Overall Job Aim and Duties:
You will play a key role in managing and implementing strategic development and transferring knowledge between the business and the university. You will be responsible for the delivery of all project work:
1.Develop a project plan from initiation to closure
2.Monitor and track project milestones in order to ensure the following outputs:
3.Report on project progress in particular and project milestones in general
4.Documentation of processes, specifications and standards.
1. AKTPZIL: The project is focused on investigating the production process and potential attributions to chemicals involved and exploring alternative processes and/or chemicals to prevent quality problems.
The ideal candidate:
• BSc.(Textile Science & Technology) or BSc. (Chemistry Hons) or Industrial Chemistry; or B. Eng. (Chemical Engineering) at Second Class Upper Division. MSc. In any of these fields is an added advantage
• Experience of practical work in any of the above mentioned disciplines will be an added advantage
• Practical Project Management experience is not essential but would be an added advantage
• The post is based in Kaduna
• Project duration is 2 years
Further information about these posts, an application form and definition guide for the essential competencies for the posts can be downloaded here
Completed application forms should be submitted by email as follows: send AKTPZIL applications to [email protected] .
Deadline: All applications should be sent latest by 31 March 2010 to the email addresses above.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Download Job Alerts App for Android