BG Group Job: Vacancy Recruitment for Contracts Manager, Well Engineering
BG Group is a leading player in the global energy market, BG Group is a dynamic growing business with operations in more than 25 countries over five continents. While our headquarters are in United Kingdom (UK), over 60% of the talented professionals who make up the BG team are located outside the UK. We have a proud history in all aspects of the energy sector, particularly natural gas, where we have experience across the entire gas chain – from exploration to delivery to the consumer. BG Group is a publicly listed company on the London Stock Exchange and is also listed on the US over-the-counter market known as “International OTCQX”.
BG Group is now recruiting for Contracts Manager, Well Engineering
Contracts Manager, Well Engineering
- Manages the major C&P strategy and activities within the Asset in the direction and business context set by the Asset Management Team.
- Manages and directs a professional procurement team responsible for all asset procurement including exploration, drilling, development and business services.
- Accountable for the integrity, performance and delivery of the C&P process in BG Nigeria. Responsible for high-grading C&P the C&P team and implementing an effective C&P process which ensures compliance with BG Group policies, standards and Business Principles, incorporating functional best-practice.
- Builds strong relationships with Contract Owners, understands their requirements and increases asset understanding of the C&P role.
- Negotiates with senior management of suppliers/contractors and builds productive and collaborative relationships with external stakeholders (regulators, other operators, industry bodies) at working level.
- Ensures there is awareness within the Asset of market capacity and capability and that requirements are offered to the market in a time and manner that will maximise success and optimal value. Ensures the appropriate contractual relationships are in place which balance commercial value with risk and maximize cost recovery.
Knowledge, Languages, Skills & Attributes
- Degree educated or equivalent with mastery in C&P for well operations.
- Full understanding of C&P tools and techniques and relevant regulatory / legislative requirements.
- Full understanding of HSSE requirements within C&P context.
- Highly developed quantitative and analytical ability. Versatile aptitude for problem solving and first class change management skills.
- Proven deal structurer with the ability to close complex high value agreements.
- Strong communicator and influencer, with the inter-personal skills, professional credibility and cultural sensitivity to represent the Group to a broad range of external audiences.
- Ability to recognise opportunities for knowledge transfer across different business scenarios.
- Effective networker, with the ability to develop and build constructive working relationships whilst maintaining objectivity and pragmatism.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online.
Deadline: 31st May 2010Download Job Alerts App for Android