Banking Job Vacancy for Credit Analyst at Standard Chartered Bank
Nigeria – SCB
* To support the sales force through the management of the credit analysis function by performing comprehensive industry studies, conducting credit reviews and evaluating risk of credits within the assigned portfolio.
* Responsible for assisting the sales force in structuring credit solutions. Key Roles & Responsibilities 1. Financial analysis of corporate customers using credit skills; ratio analysis; balance sheet and cashflow analysis and projections; evaluation of security; evaluation of parent support policies; judgment of management and strategy.
2. Evaluation and understanding of risk associated with individual transactions, products and borrowers as well as managing to mitigate credit risk in the portfolio.
3. In partnership with Relationship Managers prepare quality credit applications.
4. Participate regularly in account planning sessions to ensure familiarity of customer business.
5. Visit/meet customers when required in order to achieve clear understanding of the credit risks associated with their businesses.
6. Ensure that the approval procedures, standards of credit and maintenance, conform to controls/procedures established by Head of Credit for the business unit.
7. Assist sales force to monitor credit quality by highlighting early warning signs of credit deterioration.
8. Ensure compliance with Bank’s policy and to ensure that Bank’s policy breaches are properly authorised at the correct senior approving level.
9. Provide high level of service to the internal customer base based on accuracy, responsiveness and turnaround time.
10. Control of daily excesses.
11. Spreading/analysing of financial statements.
12. Monitor receipt and analyses of financial information for annual review.
13. Preparation of account statistics for annual review.
14. Remain Alert to the risk of Money laundering and assist in the Bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
Qualifications & Skills
* University Degree or Professional Qualification in a relevant discipline * 5-7 years relevant experience. * Strong financial and analytical skills. * Competence in facility structuring. * Thorough understanding of the Bank’s credit Policies.
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required. Diversity & Inclusion Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.