Bank Vacancy: Recruitment for Head of Human Resources November 2010
We are one of Nigeria’s leading banks, with presence in all states of the federation. We are regarded for the strength of our brand, the quality of our staff, and excellent service to our customers.
Following strong growth, the need has arisen for a more experienced and seasoned human capital professional to take over the functions of the HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES OF OUR BANK. Reporting to an Executive Director, the Head of HR will be an AGM-DGM function.
His or her duties will include:
• Leading the development and implementation on strategies for world-class human resource management.
• Host and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, training & development, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance.
• Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and health & recreation programmes.
• Identify staff vacancies, interview, and recruit suitably qualified candidates
• Allocate human capital to various aspects of the bank to ensure appropriate fit and optimal use of personnel.
• Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job specifications, working conditions, wages, career paths, opportunities and benefits
• Advise management on issues of policy, labour relations, staff discipline, etc;. analyse and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitiveness and ensure compliance with legal requirements
• Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related issues.
• Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, etc; and prepare personnel forecasts to project employment needs
• Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations
• Develop parameters for continuous improvement of the HR function
• Such other functions as may be necessary or required by Management from time to time
REQUIRED SKILL SETS AND PROFICIENCY:
• Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labour relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems
• Proficiency in the use of the English Language written and oral
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
• Ability to motivate, develop, and guide people as they work
• Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, as well as capacity to relate appropriately up and down the ladder
• Willingness to support others by providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, writing or in person
The preferred candidate would be a holder of a good university degree, with a minimum of Second Class, Lower Division, in the Social or Business Sciences. An additional degree and relevant professional qualification will be an advantage
He/she should have been in a similar role for a minimum of 10 years, five years of which should have been in senior management positions in a banking institution.
Qualified and instered candidates should kindly apply within the next two weeks to:
Advert Box No. 2006, Guardian Newspapers Ltd.,
Rutam House, Isolo – Oshodi Expressway, P.M.B 1217, Oshodi, Lagos, Nigeria.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contactedDownload Job Alerts App for Android