APM Terminals (Maersk) Job: Vacancy for Senior Engineering Manager – Crane and Power
APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
The Position: SENIOR ENGINEERING MANAGER – CRANE AND POWER
Under the general supervision of the General Manager Engineering, This position is mainly responsible for providing guidance & supervision for the staff handling technical repairs for the terminal cranes and electrical installations. The position ensures the highest level of maintenance, readiness and repair to terminal cranes in order to maintain the operational viability of the terminal.
– Ensures that the maintenance and or remedial works of cranes and electrical installations are maintained in a cost effective manner, with consideration given to quality and longer duration of maintenance free equipment.
– Supervises the maintenance and repair of electrical installations and all of the quay cranes, RTGs, RMGs & mobile cranes and supporting equipment (electrical, electronic and mechanical).
– Advice concerned contractor on warranty claim for the failure of equipment after discussing the matter with Head of Technical.
– Ensure that the equipment and installations are maintained in a safe and reliable working condition in accordance with planned preventive maintenance programme and to identify and rectify repetitive problems.
– Monitor and develop maintenance staff to ensure technical skills necessary for maintenance of complex plan items
– Measure and monitor performance through KPIs against critical criteria, policies and guidelines.
– Ensure that breakdowns are attended to and rectified promptly and to make sure that follow-up work is undertaken as necessary.
– Ensure that the repair work does not affect the overall operational efficiency of the terminal.
– Liaise with planning for the scheduling of maintenance programme and to provide feedback with a goal to continual improvement.
– Recommend and develop overall improvements to equipment and electrical installations.
– Assist the procurement function in sourcing and pricing of spare parts.
– Supervise Subcontractors work on site
– Prepare estimating for damages/repairs and make a report and submit to GM of Engineering.
– Plan and schedule preventive maintenance to avoid overtime working.
– Ensures that planning, scheduling, and unscheduled repairs are carried out efficiently and cost effectively, with quality service.
– Oversees the administrative requirements of the crane section and electrical installations, including warranty obligations, inspection records, manual updates, equipment defect reports, maintenance services, policies, procedures, and practices.
– Reviews and recommends updates to maintenance services policies and procedures to ensure quality, reliability, and efficiencies.
– Reviews new equipment for suitability and makes recommendations, based on cost, availability, and needs of business operations.
– Maintains an effective safety program, coordinating safety training with HSSE Department; ensures all injuries are reported timely, properly investigated, and measures taken to prevent future injuries.
– The position is expected to constantly contribute to improve work processes, methods & improve technical efficiency of cranes and electrical installations.
– Requires a degree in Mechanical, Electrical engineering. Also must have additional training in both electrical and mechanical fields in any heavy industry.
– Requires at least five to seven years of general supervisory experience in Crane maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants. Must have an additional five years of progressively more responsible quay crane maintenance and repair experience, including specific knowledge of electrical, electronic and mechanical and related subjects.
– Requires specific technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of quay cranes, RTGs, RMGs, mobile cranes, gantry cranes & spreaders.
– Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications.
– Wide range knowledge in PLC and drive control system and over all container terminal cranes control and mechanical system.
– Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
– Must be customer service oriented, sensitive to the needs of the departments and others.
– Requires intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills & knowledge of the local language.
– Requires exceptional time management, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.
Interested Applicant should CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Application deadline is 20th May 2010
For enquiries only, please contact;
[email protected]Download Job Alerts App for Android