APM Terminals (Maersk) Job Vacancy: Recruitment for Crane Mechanic (B.Eng/ B.Sc/ HND/ Diploma)
APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
The Position: CRANE MECHANIC
Under the supervision of the Crane Foreman, this position maintains and repairs equipment of high complexity & difficulty in the Crane Maintenance Section. Troubleshoots, repairs and maintains mechanical components of Cranes, RTGs and other cranes. Performs preventive maintenance of crane equipment.
– Ensures that the maintenance, breakdown services and/or mechanical repairs of container handling cranes and RTGs are maintained in a cost effective manner, with consideration given to quality work and longevity of equipment.
– Reads job order and observes and listens to equipment in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures.
– Carries out maintenance and repair service for all crane equipment. Disassembles units and inspects parts for wear.
– Lubricates moving parts & conducts preventive maintenance service on all types of gantry crane equipment
– Provides maintenance and repair services for container handling gantry cranes and RTGs.
– Ensures that emergency work is followed up by reporting to the Crane Engineer
– Carries out mechanical maintenance repairs, fault finding and monitoring of equipment.
– Submits routine and critical inspection and monitoring reports, ensuring log book is accurate and up-to-date.
– Ensures work conforms to safety rules and regulation.
– Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of workshop facilities and all equipment.
– Provides daily activity report, and other written reports on equipment, as needed, with accuracy and completeness.
– Reads spare parts manuals, determine & select spare parts as required.
– Reads service manuals, analyzes & investigates mechanical faults.
– Reconditions usable parts to minimize maintenance costs.
– Informs supervisor of any workmanship issues, requests checking of work when appropriate, and seeks approval of completed work.
– Determine cause of failure of mechanical components of crane equipment.
– The key impact of these incumbents will be the maintenance of operational efficiencies in the terminal to ensure availability of equipment required for the execution of day to day operational activities.
– B.Eng/B.Sc/HND/Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering from recognized institution. Any additional training in both mechanical/hydraulic fields in any heavy industries will be preferred.
– Requires at least three to five years of experience in crane maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants, including specific knowledge of mechanical/hydraulic and related subjects.
– Requires specific technical knowledge in the maintenance and repair of quay cranes, rubber tyred gantry cranes & spreaders.
– Must be able to replace/repair/adjust major mechanical/hydraulic parts such as brakes, wire-ropes, trolley, gantry wheels, hydraulic systems, gearboxes, couplings, and so forth.
– Requires a good knowledge of repairs for cranes and RTGs & spreaders.
– Must be familiar with electronic instrumentation.
– Requires ability to interpret mechanical/hydraulic diagrams, service & parts manuals.
– Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day.
– Required to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned.
– Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency breakdowns and repairs with quality workmanship and service.
– Requires the ability to learn fast.
– Valid Driver’s License.
Interested Applicant should CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Application Deadline is 7th May 2010
For enquiries only, please contact;
[email protected]Download Job Alerts App for Android