APM Terminals (Maersk) Job: Vacancy Recruitment for Crane Electrician – Apapa, Lagos
INTRODUCTION TO APM TERMINALS
APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 700 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
The Position: CRANE ELECTRICIAN
Under the supervision of the Crane Foreman, this position maintains and repairs equipment of high complexity & difficulty in the Crane Maintenance Section. Performs electrical troubleshooting, diagnostic & repair tasks as assembling, dismantling and overhaul of Electrical & Electronic gantry crane equipment components such as motors, alternators, control units, etc. Performs electrical/electronic preventive maintenance of crane equipment
- Ensures that the maintenance, breakdown services and/or electrical/electronic repairs of container handling cranes and RTGs are maintained in a cost effective manner, with consideration given to quality work and longevity of equipment.
- Reads job order and plans work procedures.
- Carries out electrical/electronic maintenance and repair service for all crane equipment. Disassembles units and inspects equipment.
- Provides maintenance and repair services for container handling gantry cranes and RTGs.
- Ensures that emergency work is followed up by reporting to the Crane Engineer
- Carries out electrical/electronic maintenance repairs, fault finding and monitoring of equipment.
- Submits routine and critical inspection and monitoring reports, ensuring log book is accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensures work conforms to safety rules and regulation.
- Ensure tidiness and cleanliness of workshop facilities and all equipment.
- Provides daily activity report, and other written reports on equipment, as needed, with accuracy and completeness.
- Reads spare parts manuals, determine & select spare parts as required.
- Reads electrical schematic diagrams, service manuals, analyzes & investigates electrical faults.
- Informs supervisor of any workmanship issues, requests checking of work when appropriate, and seeks approval of completed work.
- Determine cause of failure of electrical/electronic components of crane equipment.
- The key impact of these incumbents will be the maintenance of operational efficiencies in the terminal to ensure availability of equipment required for the execution of day to day operational activities.
- B.Eng/B.Sc/HND/Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering from recognized institution. Any additional training in both electrical/electronic fields in any heavy industries will be preferred.
- Requires at least Two to Four years of experience in crane maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants, including specific knowledge of electrical/electronic and related subjects.
- Requires specific technical knowledge in the maintenance and repair cranes
- Must be able to replace/repair/adjust major electrical/electronic parts such as PLC drive control system, communication drive system, at a high level of difficulty and complexity
- Requires an in-depth ability to interpret electrical/electronic diagram, simple engineering drawings, layouts and specifications.
- Requires a general knowledge of electrical and electronic components
- Requires general familiarity with instrumentation and communications systems, and a familiarity with control systems.
- Requires general knowledge and background in technical applications of digital and analogue electronics
- Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day.
- Required to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned.
- Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency breakdowns and repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Requires the ability to learn fast.
- Valid Driver’s License.
How To Apply
Click here to apply online
For Enquiries only email:
Deadline: June 19, 2010Download Job Alerts App for Android