APM Terminals (Maersk) Job: Equipment Control Specialist (Temporary) – Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
With over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries, Maersk has the scope to help you achieve even your most ambitious career goals. From shipping and energy to retail, our diversified activities enable us to offer attractive career paths for generalists and specialists alike. Maersk Group is recruiting for Equipment Control Specialist.
Job Title: Equipment Control Specialist (Temporary) – APM Terminals, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
- A good University Degree. Post graduate degree is an advantage
- Experience in Equipment Control will be an added advantage
- 2-3 years experience in Operational or Engineering roles generally
- Must be able to provide clear directions and follows up on set goals. Demands high standards of performance and commands attention among peers and subordinates.
- Should be able to generate high volumes of relevant work; able to sustain high levels of activity and energy over long hours when necessary. Works with business like approach to daily challenges. Makes a difference every day at work.
- Should be able to continually refine and improve the way work is done, works well without close supervision and performs well under pressure. Thinks creatively and finds innovative ways to produce results
- Must be able to demonstrate cost consciousness in all areas of work; considers cost as a factor in all decisions and strives to improve cost position.
- Should be a high level communicator with good oral and written communication. Able to communicate through various mediums. Fluent in English.
- Creates and communicates new insight and ideas. Thinks out of the box.
- Should anticipate problems and has a proactive approach to work. Creates contingency plans and alternative solutions. Measures results and takes corrective action when needed. Practices benchmarking to set standards within constraints of the budget.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
2nd November, 2010
Application Download Job Alerts App for Android
Click here for more details and to apply online