Air Nigeria Job Vacancy: Recruitment for Inflight Services Quality Controller
Virgin Nigeria Airways has finally changed her name to AIR NIGERIA DEVELOPMENT LIMITED and the airline is now to be known as AIR NIGERIA.
The name change according to the Chairman of the airline; Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim was effected sequel to the Board resolution on the 14th May 2010. This was disclosed to journalists in Lagos on Wednesday 2 June 2010 at a Press briefing. The new name has already been approved by the Corporate Affairs Commission and had been registered with certificate number RC 501975.
Air Nigeria now has vacancies for Quality Controller
Reports To: Inflight Services Food Development Controller
Sub Function: Ground Services
To monitor and ensure compliance of Air Nigeria’s nominated suppliers and caterers to the airline’s specifications, standards, procedures and defined product for the complete onboard inflight services offer to passengers.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The position requires talent with a university degree in Food Science or any related Subject, with a minimum of 3 years experience within the food industry, ideally to include Food microbiology, Auditing and Inspection, Quality Control. The following skills are essential:
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to be self motivated.
- Proven Word Processing and Excel Spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- To identify any possible need to issue warnings or notice to suppliers/ contractors in accordance.
- To identify with contract terms relating to compliance to specifications, food safety and due diligence, having explored all possible causes.
- To carry out on spot inspection of catering, equipments, and stores product and services within the suppliers unit to ensure that they meet with Air Nigeria’s specifications and standards.
- To manage the suppliers and caterers compliance to Air Nigeria’s specifications, standards, and procedure of operation in the manner that ensures consistent inflight product and service offer.
- To manage maintain and update all documentation required to provide a defence for criminal and civil cases and to represent Air Nigeria in court.
- To work closely with the interior stowage, food development and cabin presentation teams to ensure contractor adherence to defined product.
Internal: Flight Operations, Call Centre Team, City Ticketing Office Team, Airport Ticketing Office Team, and Human Resources. External: Direct customers.
19th January, 2011
Method of Application
Interested candidates whose skills and capabilities match the job profile should send their CV with subject: “Inflight Quality Controller AIR NIGERIA/IS/IQC/0111” to: [email protected]
Click here for more informationDownload Job Alerts App for Android