Job reference n°: NGA0502
Sector: Oil&Gas, Energy, Mining & Utilities – Nigeria – Western Africa
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by an Oil & Gas company to recruit a Geographer with GIS Certification
The Geographer will be responsible for the study of climates and topography (the configuration of the earth’s surface) to solve Engineering and Construction problems that arises.
- Participates in the gathering of geographical data that may affect the execution of Engineering, Procurement and construction projects.
- Study nature and use of areas of earth’s surface, relating and interpreting interactions of physical and cultural phenomena
- Study physical features, such as natural resources, in tandem with cultural conditions, such as the availability of labor and transportation.
- Combine computer graphics, artificial intelligence, and high-speed communications in the mapping, manipulation, storage, and selective retrieval of geographic data.
- Display and analyze a wide variety of natural, cultural, and economic information in applications as diverse as worldwide weather forecasting, emergency management.
Qualifications et experience
- A B.Sc degree or HND compulsorily with a Masters degree in Geography.
- Similar Experience as a Geographer with a Construction companies in oil and gas sector.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years work experience in a similar role.
- Good Knowledge on the use of GIS (Geographic Information Systems).
- Ability to work without supervision
- Must possess demonstrable and measurable success in a similar role
- Must possess all skills required in this profession
What is on offer
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.
Click here to apply onlineDownload Job Alerts App for Android