Addax Petroleum Nigeria Job Vacancy: Recruitment for Senior Reservoir Engineer
Addax Petroleum is an international oil and gas exploration and production company focused on Africa and the Middle East. The Company has a high quality asset base consisting of a number of producing properties in Nigeria and Gabon, and exploration and development properties and new venture opportunities in West Africa and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Since August 2009, Addax Petroleum is a subsidiary of China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec Group), one of the largest oil and gas producers in China, the biggest oil refiner in Asia, and the third largest worldwide.
The Company’s growth was achieved by acquiring underdeveloped properties in established basins and has increased its production by utilizing advanced and proven technologies. Its demonstrated operational and technical expertise, combined with its reputation and strong community relationships throughout Africa and the Middle East make Addax Petroleum well positioned to continue to grow its reserves and production.
As at December 31, 2008, Addax Petroleum had 864 employees, of whom 326 were in Nigeria.
Job Title: Senior Reservoir Engineer Ref: ASM 1002
• Monitor field performance, analyse relevant data and ensure that reservoirs are being properly managed. production is maximised and recoveries are optimal
• Establish. monitor and update reservoir management strategies
• Prepare data-decks for simulation models to Include rock properties, relative permeability, PVT, capillary pressure, vertical lift performance. well specification and production data
• Carry out history match exercises using historical production data and pressure information
• Perform prediction simulation runs to evaluate ranges of possible development options
• Provide production forecasts and reserves estimates for planning and reserves reporting
• Perform reservoir engineering studies using classical analytical techniques (e.g. material balance. fractional flow. decline curve analysis)
• Provide reservoir engineering input into well proposals and field development plans and presentation of same to partners and local approval agencies
• Recommend and prepare detailed data gathering programmes (pressure surveys. PLTs etc) for fields and reservoirs.
• B.Sc or M.Sc degree in Petroleum Engineering
• Minimum of 12 years experience in the Oil and Gas Industry (preferably with a major international operator) of which at least 10 years must have been spent conducting integrated reservoir and other technical studies. Expert proficiency in Eclipse and a good understanding of static modeling.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can get the full job descriptions and person specifications on
Applicants are required to complete the electronic form and attached their resume. Please ensure that you specify the vacancy you wish to apply for.
Deadline: This advert closes 18th May 2010.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.Download Job Alerts App for Android