Addax Petroleum Nigeria Job: Vacancy for Associate Wellhead /Subsea Engineer
Addax Petroleum is an international oil and gas exploration and production company focused on Africa and the Middle East. The Company has a high quality asset base consisting of a number of producing properties in Nigeria and Gabon, and exploration and development properties and new venture opportunities in West Africa and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Since August 2009, Addax Petroleum is a subsidiary of China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec Group), one of the largest oil and gas producers in China, the biggest oil refiner in Asia, and the third largest worldwide.
The Company’s growth was achieved by acquiring underdeveloped properties in established basins and has increased its production by utilizing advanced and proven technologies. Its demonstrated operational and technical expertise, combined with its reputation and strong community relationships throughout Africa and the Middle East make Addax Petroleum well positioned to continue to grow its reserves and production.
As at December 31, 2008, Addax Petroleum had 864 employees, of whom 326 were in Nigeria.
Job Title: Associate Wellhead/Subsea Engineer Ref: ASM 1006
Description: This role created to oversee wellhead design, program plans and execution.
• Monitor assembly, inspection and testing of all types of surface and subsea equipment I.e. wellheads, trees, tree caps, lower tree caps, lower marine riser package, emergency disconnect package, wellhead, casing hanger, tubing hanger, valve actuator, different types of hydraulic and mechanical connectors
• Supervise all subsea-related equipment maintenance, repairs and testing; contractor administration, HSE compliance. Monitor use of high pressure hydraulic tooling and equipment
• Monitor planned maintenance of equipment and oversee certification to local and international standards
• Compile wellhead equipment, ensure they meet design specs and standards, prepare and supervise installation offshore
• Specify wellhead/subsea equipment in conjunction with drilling engineers to ensure they meet requirement
• Monitor installation of Expro upper lubricator and subsea test tree
• Monitor and coordinate teams of contractor Xmas tree, wocs and subsea test tree engineers to ensure a safe, planned and efficient operations
• Provide technical reports and documentation as applicable
• Review rig documentation and maintenance of marine riser package, riser tensioners, subsea (OP and related systems
Qualifications and Experience
• The candidate must possess a minimum of B.Sc. Second Class Degree in engineering discipline
• Must be resourceful and full of initiative to improve well operations
• Must possess good presentation skills and ability to facilitate meetings
• Good technical skills and knowledge of engineering principles. Strong aptitude for solving
• Must have attended industry courses in wellheads engineering and installation
• Membership of Society of Petroleum Engineers is essential
• The candidate must possess a minimum of 1 year relevant experience in upstream Oil and Gas exploration
How to Apply
Interested applicants can get the full job descriptions and person specifications on
Applicants are required to complete the electronic form and attached their resume. Please ensure that you specify the vacancy you wish to apply for.
This advert closes 18th May 2010. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: This advert closes 18th May 2010.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.Download Job Alerts App for Android