AED is a nonprofit organization working globally to improve education, health, civil society and economic development–the foundation of thriving societies.
In collaboration with local and national partners, AED fosters sustainable results through practical, comprehensive approaches to social and economic challenges. AED implements more than 250 programs serving people in all 50 U.S. states and more than 150 countries.
Academy for Educational Development (AED) is implementing a HIV/AIDS workplace project with funding from the USAID/NIGERIA as part of the PERfar portfolio. The project needs a well qualified professional to occupy the following Lagos, Nigeria based technical position:
HIV Testing and counseling officer (HTCO).
Interested candidates should respond directly to: [email protected] not later than noon, April 5 2010.
• Establish and coordinate program activities for HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC) at fifteen government hospitals and company clinics, and coordinate and provide support to two mobile HTC teams
• Develop project specific workplan for HTC activities, as part of the overall project workplan, that are coordinated with national plans for addressing workplace HIV/AIDS in Nigeria
• Coordinate and provide technical assistance in the design, implementation and evaluation for all HTC support activities of the project, including technical support to build the capacity of local partners to provide HTC services
• Assist partners to set up referral mechanism to refer HIV-positive clients to care and support services;
• Work with the project team members to produce project progress reports, (weekly, monthly and quarterly), and
• Carry out other activities as assigned by the Country Director/ Chief of party
A degree in Medicine (or other related health disciplines) with relevant postgraduate qualifications (MPH) as added advantage. The candidate should have cost post qualification experience and training in HIV & AIDS programming with activities spanning areas of HTC, PMTCT and treatment.
For the post, the candidate should have a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience. Experience in industrial working environment will be a plus. The candidate should have an excellent social capital with competencies in WRITTEN and ORAL presentations, negotiation and communication skills and computer literacy. Interested qualified females are especially encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should apply by sending a single file email attachment with the subject line showing the post and the applicant’s name (E.G HTCO-CHUKWUDI, Abidogun Musa). The attachment should contain a signed 1-page covering letter explaning how the applicant’s qualifications and experience match the be in MS Word or PFD formats. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview through their supplied email and/or mobile phones.
Kindly send responses ONLY to: [email protected]
A candidate for the aforementioned position should be computer literate and should be comfortable using using all IT tools with little or no assistance.
Highly competitive and within international standards
Dates of interview:
Week of April 12, 2010
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (latestnigerianjobs.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.