This article is 11 months 7 days
old. It may be outdated.
Marriott International is a leading global lodging company headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Supervisor
Job Number: 160016ZF
Location: Ikeja, Lagos.
Job Category: Recreation/Fitness Club
- You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask “why” when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience.
- You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place.
- You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it’s a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Assist staff with expediting problem payments (e.g., problems processing credit card).
- Follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues. Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when the property cannot accommodate guests with reservations.
- Block rooms in the computer and identify designated requirements and requests.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in.
- Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks. Count bank at the beginning and end of shift.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Assist management in training, motivating, and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Anticipate and address guests’ service needs.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply Online