This article is 3 years 10 months 25 days
old. It may be outdated.
UNDP NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Driver (Abuja)
Under the overall guidance of the National Project Officer and Administrative Associate, the Driver/Messenger provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. He demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provide reliable and secure driving services by driving UNODC personnel/officers to project sites or meetings as may be directed and receiving UNODC personnel/consultants at the airport.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use and accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through minor repairs, timely change of oil, check of tyres, brakes, car washing etc.
- Report any mechanical fault in good time for repairs to be carried out and cross check to see that the repairs were well done.
- At all time, make sure that copies of vehicle insurance including office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts are available.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Assist in making photocopies, binding of documents and filing.
- Provides logistical assistance at meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
• Demonstrates commitment to UNODC’s mission, vision and values.
• Shows respect and adaptability for diversity (cultural, gender, religion, race)
• Functional Competencies:
• Ability to handle several assignments under time constraints
• Ability to operate variety of computerized business machines and office equipment
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of security issues
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education and valid driving license
- 2 to 3 years work experience as driver
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Skills in minor vehicle repair
- Fluency in any UN languages (preferably English) and national language of the duty station.
Applicants should upload their CV using the UNDP Personal History Form (P11) posted at http://sas.undp.org/Documents/P11_Personal_history_form.doc. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
latest driver job internetionai ngo abuja, ngo jobs in abuja 2015, driver jobs with NGOs, recent driver vacancies in ngo in nigeris, current ngo driver vacancies in nigeria, 2015 current driving vacancy un projects in nigeria, seeking driver job or mechanic in liberia with any ngo company, latest ngo driver job, latest ngo drivers job, latest ngo job vacancies in abuja