UNDP NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Driver (Abuja)
Under the overall guidance of the National Project Officer and Administrative Associate, the Driver/Messenger provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. He demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provide reliable and secure driving services by driving UNODC personnel/officers to project sites or meetings as may be directed and receiving UNODC personnel/consultants at the airport.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use and accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through minor repairs, timely change of oil, check of tyres, brakes, car washing etc.
- Report any mechanical fault in good time for repairs to be carried out and cross check to see that the repairs were well done.
- At all time, make sure that copies of vehicle insurance including office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts are available.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Assist in making photocopies, binding of documents and filing.
- Provides logistical assistance at meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
• Demonstrates commitment to UNODC’s mission, vision and values.
• Shows respect and adaptability for diversity (cultural, gender, religion, race)
• Functional Competencies:
• Ability to handle several assignments under time constraints
• Ability to operate variety of computerized business machines and office equipment
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of security issues
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education and valid driving license
- 2 to 3 years work experience as driver
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Skills in minor vehicle repair
- Fluency in any UN languages (preferably English) and national language of the duty station.
Applicants should upload their CV using the UNDP Personal History Form (P11) posted at http://sas.undp.org/Documents/P11_Personal_history_form.doc. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.driver work in abuja with ngo, driving job in any ngo, expect of an ngo\ diplomatic driver, latest driving job in international ngo nigeria, latest driving job vacancies in ngo in nigeria, NGO DRIVER NIGERIA, ngo drivers job vaccancies in nigeria
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (www.latestnigerianjobs.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.
Today's Latest Vacancies:
- Get Scholarship Alerts and Job Updates on Your Android Phone or Tablet
- Receive Free Online Courses from top Universities, Some With Certificates (at no Cost)
- Watch Full Nollywood Movies for free on your Android phone or tablet