UNDP NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Driver (Abuja)
Under the overall guidance of the National Project Officer and Administrative Associate, the Driver/Messenger provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. He demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provide reliable and secure driving services by driving UNODC personnel/officers to project sites or meetings as may be directed and receiving UNODC personnel/consultants at the airport.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use and accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through minor repairs, timely change of oil, check of tyres, brakes, car washing etc.
- Report any mechanical fault in good time for repairs to be carried out and cross check to see that the repairs were well done.
- At all time, make sure that copies of vehicle insurance including office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts are available.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Assist in making photocopies, binding of documents and filing.
- Provides logistical assistance at meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
• Demonstrates commitment to UNODC’s mission, vision and values.
• Shows respect and adaptability for diversity (cultural, gender, religion, race)
• Functional Competencies:
• Ability to handle several assignments under time constraints
• Ability to operate variety of computerized business machines and office equipment
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of security issues
• Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education and valid driving license
- 2 to 3 years work experience as driver
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Skills in minor vehicle repair
- Fluency in any UN languages (preferably English) and national language of the duty station.
Applicants should upload their CV using the UNDP Personal History Form (P11) posted at http://sas.undp.org/Documents/P11_Personal_history_form.doc. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- UNDP NGO Jobs in Abuja for Driver (August 2014)
- Photos: Education Activist Malala In Abuja, Nigeria
- Photo Of Car That Created Panic In Abuja Today + No Bomb In It
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Student Take Over Abuja/Benin Expressway In Owo To Protest Increase In Tuition Fee
- How I slept With My Driver Just To Have Children For My Husband
- Photos: NFF office in Abuja on Fire
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (www.latestnigerianjobs.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.
- Fresh Legal Attorney Graduate Job Vacancy At Oando Nigeria Plc
- System Administrator Job At Oando Nigeria Plc – Bsc/Hnd
- Fresh Graduate Job At Etisalat Nigeria – October 2014
- Graduate Sales Assistant Job At Best Search Recruitment Limited – October 2014