This article is 8 years 5 days
old. It may be outdated.
UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of an administrative officer who will contribute to the timely, efficient and appropriate delivery of administrative services as well as maintenance of premises, office equipment and transport fleet.
Minimum qualifications and competencies
- University degree or its equivalent in business administration or related fields. Advanced university degree in appropriate field, an asset.
- Minimum of two years of practical professional work experience in the field of general office administration, especially in the areas of transportation management, travel, customs and protocol arrangements. Experience in an international organization is desirable.
- Fluency in English required. Knowledge of another UN working language an asset.
- Good judgment, initiative and analytical skills.
- Integrity, honesty and high sense of responsibility.
- Ability to negotiate, manage resources, train staff in administrative standard operating procedures
- Good communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Good management, supervisory and coordination skills.
- Good knowledge of computer application. Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing and other presentation software required.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in an international and multicultural environment.
- Passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
UNICEF, which has a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women, are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Prepare the following documents
- A completed UN Personal History Form (which can be downloaded by clicking here)
- Your curriculum vitae with your current, detailed contact information (including telephone number and email address)
- A one-page summary statement that shows how your qualifications and experience meet the requirements above.
Only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications and competencies (above) will be considered.
Send your documents in a sealed envelope marked ‘confidential’ and with the vacancy number to:
The Human Resources Manager
Plot 617/618, Diplomatic Drive
Central Business District
PMB 2851, Garki, Abuja
Applications must be received by UNICEF by midnight (Abuja time) on Tuesday, 17 November 2009.
UNICEF will contact short-listed applicants within two weeks of the deadline. UNICEF will not contact applicants who were not short-listed.
2016 latestjobonunicef, latest vacancies in unicef abuja, latestjobonunicef, unicef vacancy abuja, vacancy at unicef in abuja