The U.S. Agency for International Development selected Abt Associates, Inc. to implement the new Health Finance and Governance Project (HFG), a five-year $209 million flagship project that will increase the use of priority health services by strengthening health finance and governance systems in developing countries. The HFG project team, led by Abt Associates, brings proven experience working with country partners, such as ministries of health, to build their capacity to strengthen their health systems. A principal area of HFG focus is to develop the capacity of partner countries to increase their domestic resources for health, manage those resources more effectively, and make wise purchasing decisions. Designed to fundamentally strengthen health systems, the HFG project supports its partners as they advance their health system priorities. Health Finance Advisor, Vacancy at ABT Associates Inc In Nigeria, the HFG project team will work together with USAID and the Government of Nigeria (GON) to support sustainability and country ownership of Nigeria’s HIV/AIDS.
Job Title: Health Finance Advisor
The project will work on improving sustainable HIV and AIDS financing by building the capacity of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) to increase domestic financing for HIV/AIDS programs. HFG expects this activity to be multi-year in nature.
There are four primary components in our multi-year strategy to support these objectives:
1) generate financial evidence on the costs, impact, and sustainability of HIV programming;
2) use this financial evidence to mobilize additional resources for
implementation of national HIV and AIDS program including putting in place of a
resource mobilization strategy;
3) build local capacity to mobilize resources, and
4) ensure efficient, effective, and equitable use of national HIV programming resources.
To provide ongoing coordination and technical assistance, a full-time health economist will be embedded within the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)’s Resource Mobilization Department (RMD) to assist in the implementation of the HFG project’s activities, liaise between the project and the RMD, and mentor RMD staff. HFG will provide international technical assistance for various activities and one of the roles of the embedded advisor will be to coordinate these activities and provide regular and consistent follow-up.
The Health Economist will be appointed for an initial period of 12 months, with renewal or extension based upon availability of funding.
The Health Economist must be Nigerian and will be located in Abuja, Nigeria.
• Assist project team in the day-to-day implementation and coordination of activities supporting the RMD and provide the necessary technical support to ensure completion of project deliverables
• Conduct an assessment of the technical capacity of NACA’s Resource Mobilization Department and work with project staff to further strengthen the department’s technical capacity
• Involve in national data collection and analysis in areas of costing, resource mapping and financing
• Organize and facilitate stakeholders consultation workshops;
• Coordinate with key stakeholders at NACA, the Ministry of Health, and the Ministry of Finance
• Serve as project liaison to the RMD Prepare weekly progress report to update project team on implementation of activities and institutional capacity building Minimum Qualification
10+ years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• An advanced degree (minimum MA/MSc with a PhD desirable) in health
economics, public health, public policy, or equivalent, and at least 10 years of relevant work experience.
• Prior working experience in health financing in Nigeria
• Work experience and familiarity in H IV and AIDS financing
• Familiarity with the government planning and budgeting process.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Proven ability to develop and implement polici.es and strategies for
institutional strengthening and technical capacity building.
• Strong conceptual and research skills, with ability to think strategically and rapidly analyze and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations.
Proven planning, networking, team-building, and organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter detailing suitability to the job requirements and CV all in a single document with Health Finance Advisor as the subject to email@example.com within two weeks of this publication.
Application Deadline Date: Closes by 3rd September, 2013.
- Security Advisor Recruitment At Oxfem Nigeria
- Store Associates Recruitment At Mr Price Group – Warri
- People Advisor/Coordinator Recruitment At RusselSmith Group
- Store Associates Recruitment At Mr Price Group – Port Harcourt
- Graduate Sales Advisor Recruitment At PZ Cussons Nigeria Plc (Bsc/Hnd)
- Finance And Accounting Vacancy At PricewaterhouseCooper – July 2014
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (www.latestnigerianjobs.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.
- NDA Kaduna – List Of Successful And Reserve Candidates For Admission into 66 Regular Combatant Course
- Fresh Graduate Recruitment At Guinness Nigeria Plc – Bsc/Hnd
- Graduate Customer Service Agent Recruitment At Jumia Nigeria
- Manchester United Confirm £16million Move For Sporting Lisbon Centre Back Marcos Rojo