This article is 7 years 4 months 30 days
old. It may be outdated.
HEAD, FINANCE (Nigeria)
A.O.S. Practice is a multi-purpose rebranded law firm which has set out to provide international standard pot pourri of legal services to both local and international clients. Our Practice is founded on advocacy. We represent a vast array of clients before the different law courts in Nigeria with respect to disputes arising from commercial agreement, property law related issues, risk assets recovery, criminal defence/prosecution, intellectual property protection/enforcement and general arbitration. Aside our advocacy practice, we also proffer legal advisory services as it pertains to business formation and operations, corporate structure, regulatory and compliance issues, commercial agreements and transactions, mortgages and loan documentation. A.O.S. Practice is strategically located in the foremost commercial district of the city of Lagos with proximity to the Federal Court of Appeal and the Lagos judicial Division of the High Court of Lagos State.
To lead, manage, and develop the services of the Finance unit, in order that all the financial management processes of the firm are delivered in accordance with highest governance and professional standards, and all decisions of the firm are made with the benefit of clear and timely financial information and advice.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Enable the firm’s services to operate to the highest possible standards of financial management by providing a comprehensive customer focused financial support service to the firm in the following core areas:
* Accounting and budgeting
* Financial analysis and advice
* Financial planning
* Internal audit
* Insurance and risk management
* Treasury management
* Payroll and pensions
* Financial systems management
* Payment of creditors and the collection of debts
* Prepare financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports
* Develop and implement finance, accounting and auditing procedures such that they change and remain robust over time and meet the applicable contemporary quality standards
* Perform service management tasks including service planning, budget monitoring, staff management including recruitment, induction and appraisals, performance monitoring in order that the Finance Unit services are in accordance with corporate standards and policies, and staff are properly motivated to deliver the services required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Chartered Accountant with minimum of 10 years finance experience
* MBA an advantage
* Understanding of tax and other regulatory procedures
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
* Excellent understanding of organisation budget, funding structures etc
* High multi-tasking abilities to simultaneously manage multiple functions and projects
* Strong team working skills including the ability to delegate and work cooperatively with people at various levels of responsibilities, and supervise and mentor staff
* High professional and personal integrity
* Salary and perks attached to role very attractive.
Interested professionals with requisite skills should forward CVs to: [email protected]
Deadline: Please note that this exercise will be concluded once a suitable candidate is identified