This article is 7 years 5 months 26 days
old. It may be outdated.
ActionAid Nigeria NGO Job Vacancy: Recruitment for Internal Auditor (Abuja)
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: INTERNAL AUDITOR
LOCATION: ABUJA, NIGERIA
REPORTING TO: COUNTRY DIRECTOR
LINE MANAGEMENT: AUDIT OFFICERGRADE: 8
To coordinate the internal audit process of ActionAid Nigeria in line with established ActionAid International standards. S/he will deliver on developing and monitoring the Risk register, work with project leads on partner organisation’s audit and ensure proper internal control systems within the Country Programme
• Reviews the strategic priorities and activities of the Country Programme to assess and identify potential risks to the organization
• Working with management to prioritise the risks and provides advice and guidelines to management and staff on development of risk management frameworks at different levels, including during annual planning process.
• Coordinates the development of a CP level risk register and ensures that all programme and support units have risk registers
• Reviews the implementation of the action points in the risk register for the CP, functional units and projects
AUDIT PLANNING, IMPLEMENTATION & REPORTING
• Prepares annual audit plan according to the risks identified in the CP and units risk registers
• Carries out value adding and risk based audits in all PAPs/Projects/Units/Functions and partners organizations at least once a year to verify adherence to AAI and donor policies and procedures, and laws and regulations of Nigeria
• Carries out physical checks on projects to verify existence and status of outputs in relation to reports.
• Reviews financial records and other reports, systems and controls maintained in all AAIN offices and partner organisations
• Carries out physical verification of assets and reconciles with records maintained in the offices
• Follows up on responses from audited PAPs/Functions/Units/Projects and partners and reports to CD and Audit Committee on non-compliance
• Liaises with External Auditors.
• Audits CP and projects on adherence to ALPS requirements
• Contributes to social audits and annual PRRP processes
• Responds to audit requirements by PAP/Unit/Functions in good time
• Undertakes investigations on frauds and irregularities at management requests and as follow up on regular audit findings
• Act as Secretary to the Audit Committee and attend all Committee meetings
• Produces timely audit reports to auditees with recommendations aimed at strengthening the overall control environment.
• Provides quarterly audit summaries for Audit Committee
• Produces bi-annual reports on financial irregularities and audit findings to Head of
Audit – AAI
• Provide regular reports on risk management to Management and the Audit Committee
• Advises management on systems and procedures requiring improvement.
• Follows up on management actions on audit findings, recommendations and how audit issues are concluded
• Raises awareness of audit processes, purpose and audit findings to staff and other stakeholders
• Attend various fora in the organization in order to understand systems and methodologies well.
• Supports and monitors implementation of the Whistle Blowing Policy
• Support the ActionAid International Audit team as appropriate (may involve international travel or specific local requests)
Internal Relationships: Country Director, Finance team, project leads, HR/OD team & AAN team.
External Relationships: Partners, Head of Internal Audit and Regional Finance Coordinators
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to apply online
Internal Control jobs vacancies in Abuja June 2016, vacancy external auditor microfinance bank in abuja, Internal Control jobs vacancies in Abuja June 27 2016, job description for senior internal auditor NGO, Internal control jobs vacancies in Abuja April 4 2016, Internal Control job vacancies in Abuja June 2016, Internal control job vacancies in Abuja April 2016, Internal Auditors jobs vacancies in Abuja July 2016, Auditors jobs in Abuja july 2016, action aid office in port harcourt