ActionAid Nigeria NGO Job Vacancy: Recruitment for Internal Auditor (Abuja)
LOCATION: ABUJA, NIGERIA
REPORTING TO: COUNTRY DIRECTOR
LINE MANAGEMENT: AUDIT OFFICERGRADE: 8
To coordinate the internal audit process of ActionAid Nigeria in line with established ActionAid International standards. S/he will deliver on developing and monitoring the Risk register, work with project leads on partner organisation’s audit and ensure proper internal control systems within the Country Programme
• Reviews the strategic priorities and activities of the Country Programme to assess and identify potential risks to the organization
• Working with management to prioritise the risks and provides advice and guidelines to management and staff on development of risk management frameworks at different levels, including during annual planning process.
• Coordinates the development of a CP level risk register and ensures that all programme and support units have risk registers
• Reviews the implementation of the action points in the risk register for the CP, functional units and projects
AUDIT PLANNING, IMPLEMENTATION & REPORTING
• Prepares annual audit plan according to the risks identified in the CP and units risk registers
• Carries out value adding and risk based audits in all PAPs/Projects/Units/Functions and partners organizations at least once a year to verify adherence to AAI and donor policies and procedures, and laws and regulations of Nigeria
• Carries out physical checks on projects to verify existence and status of outputs in relation to reports.
• Reviews financial records and other reports, systems and controls maintained in all AAIN offices and partner organisations
• Carries out physical verification of assets and reconciles with records maintained in the offices
• Follows up on responses from audited PAPs/Functions/Units/Projects and partners and reports to CD and Audit Committee on non-compliance
• Liaises with External Auditors.
• Audits CP and projects on adherence to ALPS requirements
• Contributes to social audits and annual PRRP processes
• Responds to audit requirements by PAP/Unit/Functions in good time
• Undertakes investigations on frauds and irregularities at management requests and as follow up on regular audit findings
• Act as Secretary to the Audit Committee and attend all Committee meetings
• Produces timely audit reports to auditees with recommendations aimed at strengthening the overall control environment.
• Provides quarterly audit summaries for Audit Committee
• Produces bi-annual reports on financial irregularities and audit findings to Head of
Audit – AAI
• Provide regular reports on risk management to Management and the Audit Committee
• Advises management on systems and procedures requiring improvement.
• Follows up on management actions on audit findings, recommendations and how audit issues are concluded
• Raises awareness of audit processes, purpose and audit findings to staff and other stakeholders
• Attend various fora in the organization in order to understand systems and methodologies well.
• Supports and monitors implementation of the Whistle Blowing Policy
• Support the ActionAid International Audit team as appropriate (may involve international travel or specific local requests)
Internal Relationships: Country Director, Finance team, project leads, HR/OD team & AAN team.
External Relationships: Partners, Head of Internal Audit and Regional Finance Coordinators
HOW TO APPLY
Disclaimer: The owners of this website (www.latestnigerianjobs.com) are not affiliated in any way with the companies whose vacancies are published here.
Today's Latest Vacancies:
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria March 2013
- Free Project Topics, Proposals, Thesis and Project Writing
- Saipem Contracting Oil & Gas Nigerian Limited Job Vacancies (19 Positions)